Cumlodden, Lochfyneside and Lochgair
History Cumlodden   Church,   located   on   the   outskirts   of   Furnace   was   built   in   1841 with    a    church    vestry    added    in    the    early    1900s.    The    church    can accommodate up to 160 people. After   severe   gale   damage   it   was   refurbished   in   2012-13.   This   forms   part of   a   wider   examination   of   all   our   church   buildings   and   the   congregation has   determined   that   alteration   is   to   be   done,   in   consultation   with   the Lochgair community, to the Lochgair Church. Membership    of    Cumlodden,    Lochfyneside    and    Lochgair    is    around    78 communicant    members    and    around    12    adherents.    Church    attendance can fluctuate throughout the year depending on holidays etc. Average attendance is about 25. Lochgair Church is a very attractive small church building which was built in 1867 and can accommodate up to 90 people. Lochgair Church Hall was built in 1972 and stands in urgent need of attention. Cumlodden, Lochfyneside and Lochgair Kirk Session in partnership with   the   Lochgair   community   are   presently   looking   at   ways   to   refurbish   or combine both in the near future. Lochfyneside    Church,    now    closed,    was    located    in    Minard,    it    was    a corrugated-iron   Speirs   building   erected   in   1910   to   accommodate   up   to   60 people.    It    was    not    greatly    used    laterly    and    the    Kirk    Session    took    the decision to close the church. It has now been sold..
© Copyright 2014-18  -  All rights Reserved  -  WestLochfyneside Parish  Churches
Web site donated by SKWebpages
Lochfyneside
Charity No. SC016097